Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Couple of hopes

OOOps!!!!  I MISSED THE DEADLINE TO POST FOR CASE STUDY #81 : (



Do you ever feel like making cards puts a certain pressure on your brain? Maybe it's just me! I loove it, don't get me wrong : ) It's just sometimes I feel they have to be perfect and I can't come up with a certain design or "feel" I am looking for. I do have times when I just get it on the first go which makes me very happy! then I have those days that never amount to a completed card=no post by me : (
I decided to "just do it!" I remember when I started making cards,well crafting came first actually. I had to be at least 5. It's been in my bones and blood for what feels like ever. I didn't always have money to just go out and buy what I wanted to create. I think that is where my creativity came alive most. I challenged myself to use what  I had on hand and I was very content. It wasn't like I felt deprived because I came up with stuff that I felt proud of!
 I am there again. I chose to sit on the living room floor with my children and just grabbed a handful of goodies to play with. Ok, I won't lie I had my son go get my buttons and sticky dots when I needed them...lol! Well, it came down to the basics once again. Paper, scissors and a little creativity on my part. I felt waaay less pressure and enjoyed what I made.

So anywho...here is what I crafted on the floor last night:

Hope




This card above is for a challenge
from CASE Study Challenge #81 that I wanted to play along with. It might not win and it might come out as way different then the inspiration picture but I love it! I played and had fun. I even completed a card : )
 Go me! Here is the inspiration photo  from Laura Bassen.  Simply elegant, isn't it?

LOVE her style so much. The whole ribbon and button thing had me at "Hi!" The following cards I made all have that on them because that's how much I love the look of it! Go, Laura!
I made a couple more cards while I was hanging out with the kids and they were so happy we were together and crafting our own projects. Happy kids = happy momma : )

Hope (2)



Anniversary card for my in-laws


Well, I hope you don't stress as much as I do when it comes to making your cards. If you do, try taking a minute to think about why you make them and remember, it's to have fun, relax and most
importantly, for the love of paper. He he!!! Get it? My blog name!! Lol!

Hugs to you and I hope you have a super, sunny day!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards, Jennifer! Sorry you missed the deadline! Thanks for your sweet comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Jennifer
    Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Long time, no comment, Jennifer! Love your cards - beautiful! I was crafting on the floor for the first year of my papercrafting 'journey', so I totally sympathize with you. ;)
    Hope you and your loved ones have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I am just catching up on my comments I have looked at your beautiful cards, you have such a talent, even though you have been sitting on the floor...what are you like.I am sorry you missed the deadline , perhaps it was for a reason , our lives take the most strange path and not always what we expect, Take care have a lovely Easter , try to relax IN A CHAIR (LOL) Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute project. "I am a new follower and found your blog through The Outlawz Follow Me Forum" If you have a moment check out my blog at http://crystalscraftycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my page!