Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Perfect Pumpkin Picking Day








I never thought I would say this but I feel like I enjoy making cards so much more than layouts these days. Cards are so much faster because there is less surface area to cover unless you are sewing and inking and crazy stuff like that. I guess it's really not that much faster for me because I am doing that too. Anyway, I made a 2 page layout today using the printable files from
The Cutting Cafe. Autumn Days is what it's called. So cute. The huge block of words helped me move it along and gave it a title in one chunk. Love that! The white printed background words is a set called all about autumn background.

I can't wait to actually go picking with the kids so I can lay down some photos.

Can you see the stitching along the title block on the left page? It is olive leaves falling down the right side. I try to sew on most projects for a home spun look or vintage feel. I like that look. The brother sewing machine makes it "sew" easy too! No pun intended ; ) I'm pretty sure it has over 100 stitch options. Ohhh! Fun! Moving on...Using my Cuttlebug swiss dots folder I quickly embossed the stack of pumpkins and left them white just because I like the look of it that way. I cut away the happy fall yall and made it into a broom stick handle. If it were a rake I should've cut up some leaves but the layout had to end somewhere ; )

Supplies:
Cricut Expressions,Paper Dolls Dress up cart: tree , broom
CTMH: chocolate hinges and brads, organdy ribbon-"Autumn Garden"
Michaels:rhinestones, patterned paper "Recollections-Autumn"
Can you look closely and see that the black crows are flocked and fuzzy! I bought this paper slab because of this little cutie! Each and every single double sided sheet is scalloped and cuter than the last sheet (total 24 sheets).

Hope you have time to leave me a comment if you drop by!

Jenn

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my page!