Sunday, February 5, 2012

Play Date Cafe Color Challenge 117

Another challenge is up at the Playdate Cafe! I love these colors together so I decided to play along : ) this week.
I made a journal for my niece, Olivia. Her birthday is on Valentine's Day and I do not want to send traditional red and pink stuff! Hope she likes it!
I created a journal for her to jot down her notes, thoughts, dreams and wishes. I have another surprise for her going out in the mail tomorrow but don't want to spoil it so I will not mention what it is!!!! Just in case she sees this post : )

The inspiration photo had me at hello and this is what I came up with:

I turned a chipboard frame into a journal for her. I distressed it like the doors in the inspiration photo. I used creamy white acrylic paint to lightly cover the kraft color. I tied it together with satin cream ribbon. My absolute fav part is her initials in pearls on the tag. Totally personal now : ) I used my Cricut Heritage cart to cut out Journal and the quill as well.
(the colors here look a bit washed out but are so pretty in life-sorry about that) I added two shots of the cover so maybe you can see the true purple and blue in it. SO soft and vintage looking. Girly, girl for sure ! The shadow over the butterfly made me not choose this 1st pic originally but I think you can see the colors better?! Maybe?! It's has a little shabby chic style goin' on. I like that.







The pom pom fringe is one of my other all time favs! Oh so chic! I staggered teh pages to make dividers for her to flip through easier. Maybe she will have individual sections for dreams, inspirations, quotes, pictures or keepsakes. Who knows!

So now here is the photo we were to use as our inspiration:

Pretty right? I looove it : )

Have a great Superbowl Sunday!!! Hope your team wins!!! I'm going to order wings now from our favorite local wing place...yummm. Have you ever had old bay wings? Soo good!

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea....and what a beautiful creation! The colors are so feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER beautiful! LOVE the soft colors--and I LOVE that feather:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the soft colours, you sure did a great job with following the inspiration pictures! I found you in the looking for followers discussion over at the outlawz, I hope you will visit me too @ www.scrappyduesbydarlene.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my page!