Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Pirate Treats






Today is my son's 6th birthday so I made treats for him to take to school for his teachers. They are Oreos covered in chocolate. What a fun mold to use. It is policy at his school to provide safe snacks (peanut free) as opposed to baking from home. This is to ensure the safety of the children with allergies. Oreos are safe and so is the Wilton chocolate I used to cover the cookies, but I sent in Rice Krispy treats and Cheez-its instead. I am kinda grateful I didn't need to make 21 of these! They sure look cute though! I didn't have a food paintbrush to detail the spider or skull in a contrasting color but they came out ok anyway I think. I went to my local grocery store and bought the little clear boxes with lids (for olives) to hold the treats. Perfect size for a "little snacky snacky" and cute and easy to decorate too! The tag I made was from the
"Kitchen Circle Words" set purchased at the Cutting Cafe. I used a SU circle punch (1 3/8") and then backed it with the SU scallop punch in red. The skull gem was from Michaels dollar section.

All things pirate right now!! Arrrr!

Thanks for checking them out ; )

Don't forget you can click on the image to enlarge it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by to check out my page!